My husband loves onion rings. So what better way to make him smile than to make them from scratch. This recipe is simple and will leave you wanting more. After trying these, you will never buy another bag of onion rings.
(1) Large Sweet Onion
1.5 Cups of Buttermilk
2 Cups of King Arthur's All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup of Corn Meal
1 Tbsp Creole Seasoning
1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp salt
24 oz Vegetable Oil
3/4 Cup of Helmann's Mayonnaise
1.5 Sriracha Sauce
2 tsp of Mustard
1.5 Tbsp of Ketchup
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Paprika
1/4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Cut onions into rings 1/3 inch thick
2. Pour all dry ingredients into deep bowl that has a lid. Seal and mix.
3. Place oil in skillet and heat on med low - medium (depending on stove type).
4. Dip 5 onion rings at a time into buttermilk and directly into flour mix. Seal and toss.
5. Set aside.
6. Dip again in buttermilk and place back into batter.
7. Double dip rings until all have been battered.
8. When oil is properly heated, drop onion rings in.
9. Cook until golden brown, remove from oil and place on rack to cool.
1. Mix all ingredients together in bowl, until smooth.
Plate & Enjoy!