So I came across this recipe on Pinterest Monday and decided to try it. I never follow recipes exactly as written, so I'm going to share this with my modifications. I will tell you, this is very rich and flavorful! I served over gluten free pasta, but would pair well with rice or spaghetti squash, zucchini strings, broccoli, or even better garlic mash potatoes. Yum!
I typically cook on Tuesdays, meals that will last the remainder of the week. So excuse my army size portions, as this is lunch and dinner for the next 3 days (approximately 6 - 8 servings).
6 chicken cutlets or 3 chicken breasts cut into fillets
1/2 onion sliced
2 cups of mushrooms sliced
Sun dried tomatoes preserved in oil
2 tbsp sun dried Tomato oil
13 oz. heavy cream
Garlic infused olive oil
1/4 cup white cooking wine
6 tbsp of King Arthur's Gluten free all purpose flour
1/2 cup Fresh chopped basil
7 tbsp fresh grated Parmesan
2 tbsp garlic
1 tbsp gluten free cornstarch
Tony Chachere's Lite Creole Seasoning
1. In a shallow bowl, mix flour, 4 tbsp of Parmesan, 2 tsp of Italian herbs, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp Tony Chachere's, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tsp pepper together and stir. Dredge chicken in mixture and set aside.
2. Prepare skillet with 1 tbsp of garlic infused olive oil and 1 tbsp of sun dried tomato oil. Heat on medium low and cook chicken fillets thoroughly (approx 5-6 minutes each side). Once done, remove from skillet to warm plate.
3. Add 1 tbsp each of oil again and add garlic. Sauté for one minute and add mushrooms and onions. Cook until onions and mushrooms are soft.
4. Add 1/4 cup white cooking wine, 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes and 1/4 cup of basil. Cook another 2 minutes.
5. Add 11 oz of heavy cream. Season with Italian herbs, salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking. Take remainder of heavy cream and mix with cornstarch. Reduce heat and pour in, stirring constantly until thickens. Add last 3 oz of Parmesan and stir.
6. After simmering for 5 minutes, add chicken back in and allow to simmer on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and top with fresh basil.
7. Serve with your choice of side and wine. Enjoy!
* Substitute heavy cream for whole or reduced fat milk, almond, rice, coconut, oat or evaporated milk. And if gluten sensitive or celiac, seek out gluten free cornstarch.
* This recipe was modified to accommodate gluten sensitivity or celiac disease. If neither applies, you may use unmodified- all purpose flour and cornstarch.
Be sure to follow me on IG @ glutenfreesoutherndiva where I post simple recipes and inspirational photos. 💋
The Gluten Free Southern Diva